|Position Title:||Technical Director|
|Employment Status:||Permanent part-time (25 hours a week)|
|Salary:||Commensurate with experience and qualifications|
|Closing Date:||Friday June 22, 2018|
The Calgary Speed Skating Association (CSSA) is currently recruiting a permanent part-time Technical Director. This position reports to the Board of Directors. The CSSA is one of Canada’s largest speed skating club with over 250 members and trains at the Olympic Oval, the fastest ice in the world. It offers speed skating programs on a year-round basis with programs from age 6 and up to adults. Be part of the development of the next generation of Olympians and motivate athletes to be active for life.
- Develop and implement an appropriate skating program for each level of skater in the club;
- Mentor, train and supervise club coaches to ensure effective and appropriate coaching is delivered to all club skaters;
- Develop, enhance and maintain relationships between the club and key stakeholders such as the Olympic Oval, the Alberta Amateur Speed Skating Association, Speed Skating Canada and others;
- Develop retention and recruitment strategies to grow the club;
- Attend all club hosted skating competitions and other key competitions;
- Organize mini-meets and participate in the organization of club hosted meets; and
- Other duties, as required.
- Minimum of five years of speed skating coaching experience;
- Competition development coaching certification or equivalent;
- Passionate enthusiasm for the sport of speed skating;
- Affinity for working with kids and families in a competitive environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational and administrative skills; and
- Proven ability and experience in the above noted responsibilities.
Please submit your resume to [email protected] by June 22, 2018.